Thursday, August 12, 2010

ACTS Christmas Play

Clancy’s school had its Christmas play, with the majority of the play staged around the carol Twelve Days of Christmas.



According to his music teacher the Twelve Days of Christmas in Tonga are:

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a Lupe (Tongan Pidgeon) in a Mango Tree.



On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me 2 cans of Corned beef



On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me 3 Frangipani



On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 4 rolls of Tapa (Mulberry bark cloth)



On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 5 Giant Slippers (Thongs / Flip Flops)



On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 6 Lava Lava (Sarong)



On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 7 Women Weaving



On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 8 Gailau Dancers



On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 9 Hats a Hiding



On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 10 Hula Dancers



On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 11 Drummers Drumming



On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 12 Fire Dancers (and Clancy was a fire dancer)



No comments:

Post a Comment